Federal 勤工助学 allows you to earn money to help cover non-billable educational expenses by working within your college or campus, 大学办公室, 或者在校外, 非营利组织.
Positions are available at every Penn State campus.
To be considered for work-study, you must submit the FAFSA. If you are awarded work-study, it will appear on your Award Summary in LionPATH.
To be eligible for work-study, you must:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student
- 满足和维持 Federal and Penn State 金融援助 资格 Requirements
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- 演示 财务需要
- 完成 验证过程
Due to limited funding, not all students who are eligible will receive this award. If you are not awarded Work-Study, other employment opportunities 也可用.
There are three types of positions:
- 传统的勤工助学—Federal 勤工助学 provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with 财务需要, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student's course of study.
- Nittany Lions Read/Nittany Lions Count—A mentoring program designed to enhance early reading, 数学, and science skills of children from surrounding communities, while providing Penn State students the opportunity to give back to their community, 获得工作经验, and earn federal financial aid through Federal 勤工助学.
- Community Service 勤工助学—Penn State Federal 勤工助学 that encourages eligible Penn State students to participate in community service and service-learning experiences that benefit the community, promote social responsibility, and enhance their educational experiences.
勤工助学 positions for all campuses are available on the Penn State job search website.
Undergraduate work-study students earn $9.50美元一小时, Nittany Lions Read/Nittany Lions Count and Community Service work-study students earn $12 an hour and graduate work-study students earn $11 an hour.
Wages are direct-deposited into your checking or savings account every two weeks.
勤工助学 participants may never work more than eight hours a day (20 hours/week during fall, spring, and summer semesters).
To ensure optimal use of your award through the semester, plan your work schedule before you begin earning funds. For example, undergraduate work-study students earning $9.有1美元的人，每小时50美元,750 award and work 20 hours a week, will have approximately nine weeks of funding.
You will receive a warning email regarding the balance of your award when you have earned 50% or more of your award total.
If you have more than one work-study job, you must keep each employer informed of your total hours worked so you do not exceed your award amount. Submitting falsified time cards is considered fraud against the University and the federal government and legal action may be taken against the employee or employer.
You will receive a warning email when you are close to exhausting your award.